Join the Board of Directors of the DMFA
The Board of Directors is the legal governing body of the Direct Marketing Fundraisers Association (DMFA) and has the fiduciary responsibility for its direction and management.
The Board receives its authority through election by the voting membership of the DMFA.
TERM OF OFFICE
Board of Directors are elected for a term of two years unless specifically stated otherwise.
It is the responsibility of the Board of Directors to manage the affairs of the DMFA and to set policy that is consistent with the mission of the organization. This includes:
- Ensuring adequate resources
- Managing resources effectively
- Determining and monitoring the programs and services of the DMFA
- Enhancing the public image of the DMFA
- Ensuring effective organization planning
- Reviewing, and when necessary, reshaping long-term goals
QUALIFICATIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL DIRECTORS
Must have a minimum of five years experience in the direct marketing fundraising field.
EXPECTATIONS OF INDIVIDUAL DIRECTORS
- To know the mission, goals and objectives of the DMFA, and to apply individual skills, experience and influence toward achieving them
- To assist in fundraising and membership activities to generate the income needed to carry out the work of the DMFA
- To attend and participate in monthly meetings of the Board of Directors and events run by the DMFA
- To carefully deliberate matters coming before the Board of Directors, and to act in the best interest of the organization
- To serve on two or more committees and actively implement DMFA programs
- To identify new volunteer leadership and to assist in their recruitment, orientation and development
- To be a member in good standing of the DMFA