The Direct Marketing Fundraisers Association (DMFA) has developed the Confidentiality Guidelines and Agreement (“Agreement”) to ensure the highest level of participation and engagement from all members and participating organizations, minimize the risks of unlawful and unethical behavior, and protect the confidentiality of all participants and clients.
DMFA prohibits the exchange of confidential information about customers and/or supporters. As an association, DMFA is subject to antitrust laws and makes every effort not to share confidential pricing, deal terms, and confidential information about customers.
At its core, the DMFA Mid-Level Giving Benchmarking Group (MLG) provides an opportunity for participants to share critical information on mid-level giving programs, targets, strategies, and measurable results. MLG events provide opportunities for participants to learn from one another. The information shared is often sensitive and private, and accordingly, the information must be kept confidential. Failing to do so could result in discontinuing the Mid-Level Benchmarking Group.
Participants who attend MLG events must adhere to the requirements detailed below.
- Each attendee and participating organization shall submit organizational data by responding to a four-part DMFA-developed survey on mid-level giving practices. .
- All data and creative materials shared through the four-part DMFA survey (“Benchmarking Materials”) shall be subject to this Agreement.
- Participants may share Benchmarking Materials with immediate staff and coworkers, while ensuring all third party recipients understand the confidential nature of this information and the restrictions on its use. Participants shall also ensure third party recipients of the Benchmarking Materials will not use or cause disclosure of the materials and information in a way that would be a breach of these guidelines if used or disclosed by the participant.
- Participants may disclose to outside parties the names of the other organizations participating in this meeting.
- Participants may not share the materials with consultants, members of the board, or other nonprofit organizations or other third parties.
- Participants may not share organization-specific information (for example, data, strategies, or creative information) with outside parties without the express permission of that organization.
Number of Participants
Three participants per nonprofit organization and two per sponsor partner may attend the benchmarking summit.
Fees and Scholarships
The summit fee is $350 per person. The fee includes all sessions, networking and meals listed on the agenda. The modest fee is made possible by our DMFA sponsors who will join our networking events during the summit.
The DMFA offers scholarships to members who are unable to cover the cost of the event. All additional costs, including hotel and travel are the responsibility of the participant.
To apply for a scholarship, click here.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
MLG Benchmarking Summit cancellation deadline is April 19, 2023. All cancellations must be submitted in writing to Risa Sudnow at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 19, 2023. If a participant cancels on or before this date, the registration fee will be refunded to the individual. A fee will be incurred for cancellations after this date.
See the hotel information for the separate hotel cancellation policy.
Hotel Reservation Changes
See the hotel information for details about hotel reservation changes.
Please contact Risa Sudnow at email@example.com to request a registration substitution within the same registered organization.
Please indicate your dietary restrictions including vegetarian or kosher at your registration. The DMFA will work with the hotel catering team to accommodate those dietary requirements.
If you need additional accommodations, please contact Risa Sudnow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646-675-7314 for assistance with physical, video or audio needs.
Media Consent to use Images and Share Information
By attending this event, the registered participant gives the DMFA permission to photograph and video/audio record the participant and to use your likeness and audio or video recording in DMFA publications, promotions and other media including the DMFA website, future marketing materials and social media. Participant understands that the DMFA has exclusive rights to these photographs, video and audio recordings.
For questions, please contact Risa Sudnow at email@example.com for assistance.